Next monthly meeting
Monday December 8th, 2014 at 7pm.
We usually meet in room T102 at Algonquin College but sometimes that room is unavailable. If we’re not there, there should be a note on the door indicating which room we moved to, usually room T130 across the hall.
Who We Are
The Ottawa Robotics Enthusiasts (ORE) club is a informal group of hobby roboticists in Canada’s national capital region. We get together at least once a month to show off our creations, share information, and work together on more ambitious projects. Some examples of what we do are:
- Splatbots: autonomous robots armed with paintball markers and laser targeting systems.
- MiniORE and MicroORE: robot control modules based on PIC microcontrollers
- Public education: Ottawa Mini Maker Faire in 2010 and 2013, Canada Museum of Science and Technology in 2003.
- group challenges: line-following, mini-sumo, robomagellan. Each a semi-competitive real-world challenges.
- group debugging: Most of our members were newcomers at one point and are ready to help with other’s problems.
This website documents lots of what we do but most of the real activity is on our mailing list. See our FAQ for the basics and look at the mailing list archives to get a good flavour of how we operate. Look at our meetings page for schedules and directions to our meetings. Newcomers of any skill level are definitely welcome to our meetings and on our mailing list.
Contact ORE at email@example.com