further down the page….
Member Submitted Links
- Parallax’s Gas Powered Robot
- Society of Robots – A good site for beginners
- The Journey Robot
Another great looking robot from David P. Anderson. Really nice use of IMU to supplement odometry. Especially cool is the hat-trick video.
- A transforming robotSometimes it’s a car, sometimes it’s a humanoid robot
- OmniTreadA serpentine robot. Even better than the Shrimp robot. Check the video. Real cool.
- “Emiew”2 wheels, 4 feet tall, 6km/h, from Hitachi
- Shrimp IIICan climb very large obstacles relative to its size
- Rambling robots show human efficiency
- Ted Larson’s balancing robotCool use of the CMUCam 2!
- Martial arts robots hit Asian tech fair
- Really cool humanoid videos
- A nicely constructed walker
Check out the ‘3D’ PCB that he’s using
- A tiny Linux controller board.200 MHz, 4M flash, 64M RAM
- Using Lego Mindstorms to solve the Rubic’s Cube
- Great articles (in 18 chapters) on choosing and caring for batteries
- Personal Robotics News
- nBot Balancing Robot
- Eagle schematic and layout software
- How to use Eagle schematic and layout software
- MachineGrid – articles, tutorials, projects
- RC servos
- ROBOT Science- Technology Magazine’s Online Supplement for Educators, Students
- Welcome to BattleBots(TM)
- What is PID – Tutorial
- J.A. Sethian- Fast Marching Methods and Level Set Methods
- A robot gallery provided by Arrick Robotics
- CareBot from Gecko Systems
- Cricket the Robot
- Johann Borenstein- Mobile Robots, Obstacle Avoidance, Odometry, Positioning, etc..
- Kam’s Homepage
- My Robots
- Roganti’s Robotics Zone
- Shadow Robot Project_ Biped Walker
- Student Papers From Previous Semesters
- The Yoda Project
- Workshop Documentation
- Bill Harrison on IR detectors
- Dennis’s OK Web Page
- Implementing Infrared Object Detection
- Infrared `Radar’
- Larry Barello
- Paul’s Cheap Sonar Range Finder Design
- PIC Based Imaging Sonar
- Sci.electronicsFAQ – IR ASCII Schematics
- Robot Sumo
- Robothon Sumo
- USA Robot Sumo- Japanese champions come to the US! $2000 first prize.
- All-Japan Robot Sumo- Worlds largest robot competition with 3000 robots entered!
- North East Indiana Robot Games- Three weight classes of Robot Sumo Mayhem
- Robot Sumo – The annual competition also features
rope climbing, maze, and other events
- RoboTag- Autonomous Mobile Robots Playing Tag
- BEAM_WCRG Robot Games Homepage
- 6.270 Autonomous Robot Design Competition- MIT’s famous robot competition
- Aerial Robotics Competition- This is the place for smart helicopters and blimps
- BattleBots- The most dangerous collection of battling robots in the world.
- BotBall- Teams of High School students have six weeks to design, build, and program a mobile robot
- Trinity Fire Fighting Robot Contest- Autonomous robots extinguish fires in a maze
- FIRST- Corporations sponsor local High Schools across the US.
- Intelligent Robot Contest- Sendai, Japan.
- Micromouse Competition- The UC Davis Micromouse page
- MIROSOT- The Micro-Robot World Cup Soccer Tournament
- RoboCup- The International Robot Soccer competition
- RoboRama- Robot competition sponsored by the Dallas Personal Robotics Group
- Robot Battles- Head-to-head combat with other ‘bots
- Robothon- The annual competition of the Seattle Robotics Society
- Western Canadian Robot Games – Canada’s premier robotic event includes Robot Sumo, BEAM, and Robot Hockey