Some commonly used sensors
- SRF02 & SRF05 – ultrasonic distance sensing modules from Devantech.
- Ping – ultrasonic distance sensing modules from Parallax
- QRB1114 – focused IR reflective sensor
- QRD1114 – unfocused IR reflective sensor (datasheet)
- GP2D12 – Sharp distance measuring sensor
- GP2Y0A21YK – similar to the GP2D12 but with twice the beam width (datasheet)
- CNB1302 – a very small unfocused IR reflective sensor (datasheet)
- QRE1113 – a very small unfocused IR reflective sensor. Available on a breakout board
Sharp IR Rangers Information from Acroname Robotics
Here’s a sensor article taken from the articles section of the ORE website.
- The Sharp GP2D02 IR Distance Sensor- Interfacing and using the GP2D02, along with sweeping it back and forth so that you don’t have to buy a bunch of the expensive little suckers.
(Note: The GP2D02 has been discontinued)